Disclaimer and Selection Criteria
The content of the Portal has been included on the basis of objective criteria (see the list of criteria for the inclusion of Support Providers, Tools & Resources, Trainings, and Useful Links pages). Inclusion of any content on the Portal or any site linked to it should not be construed as an endorsement or recommendation by CCSI or its partners. While the site is regularly updated, CCSI and its partners accept no responsibility or liability for the accuracy of the information on the site or for information or advice provided by a Support Provider or other resource listed on the Portal.
The information in this database was provided directly by each organization. A questionnaire template was prepared and sent to each organization to be completed. The answers in the questionnaire were then supplemented with further information provided during telephone interviews with representatives from each organization as well as publicly available information on each organization’s website.
Selection Criteria for Support Providers
The Support Providers featured on the Portal have been selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- The organization provides technical assistance to governments – for example, legal, policy, economic, financial modelling, or geological support - related to at least one stage of the investment process set out in the Roadmap. Organizations that only provide capacity building support in the form of trainings are not featured in the Support Providers section, but may be included in the Trainings or Useful Links sections of the Portal;
- The organization provides support on a not-for-profit basis (either pro-bono or otherwise at a substantially reduced rate to cover its administrative or operational costs); and
- The organization is reasonably responsive to requests for updates of its entry on the Portal.
CCSI welcomes the suggestions of additional providers who meet these criteria for inclusion on the Portal.
Selection Criteria for Tools & Resources
The criteria for inclusion of Tools & Resources are:
- The target audience for the tool or resource is primarily host government officials or policy makers;
- The purpose of the tool or resources is to inform or to provide practical advice in relation to one or more stages of the investment process set out in the Roadmap; and
- The tool or resource is not outdated.
Selection Criteria for Trainings
The Trainings featured on the Portal are selected on the basis of the following criteria:
The trainings are provided by an organization that delivers regular in-person or online trainings;
The training is a short course or professional development program related to at least one stage of the investment process set out in the Roadmap;
The training is delivered on a not-for-profit basis (either pro-bono, or otherwise at a substantially reduced rate to cover its administrative or operational costs) and without the intention of generating future business; and
The target participants of the training include government officials and policy makers.
Selection Criteria for Useful Links
To be included in the Useful Links, a website must:
- Contain a repository of information, guidance, best practice, or tools for one or more stages of the investment process as set out in the Roadmap;
- Be timely and/or updated regularly; and either
- House tools or resources relevant to host governments in relation to the implementation and monitoring of investments, including those to understand best practice guidelines for company partners; or
- Be a regional or international association that provides support to its host country government members in relation to such investments in their countries.
Are you aware of other relevant support providers? Let us know